Saturday, February 2, 2008

From Sharko Bizarre

What can I say about Don that hasn't been already said? What story can I share that he hasn't already shared? What insult can I hurl that hasn't already been hurled at him time and time again?

The pictures that I've attached illustrate who Don is:

A man who'll do what he can to get "asses in seats" (his words) for his shows.
A man who'll have a drink with a friend because he loves being with that friend.
A man who'll alter his body hair for a role (check out those side burns!).

A man who cannot exist without his morning coffee.
A man who'll take off his clothes at the drop of a hat (incidentally, after Don showed up naked at our hotel door, Andy Cobb stripped down and the 2 of them had a footrace
through the hotel hallways---Andy won)!

But, to truly experience Don, you have to spend time with the man. A picture doesn't do him justice.

As I said before, I could throw out insults, as friends often do to one another. I've known him for 14 years, so that would be easy. But I'll leave these thoughts instead.

Don is probably my biggest fan (next to my wife) when it comes to my music. He's always believed in my abilities as a composer and has always championed what I wrote. That's a rare thing to find in the entertainment field, let alone a good friend. To him, I'll always be grateful for not only giving me the chance to compose for WNEP, but believing in me.

One more thing: Don allowed me to come up with a truly memorable marriage proposal when he suggested we write Michelle into the ARH NYE script and I propose to her right before midnight.

Thanks again, buddy.

No comments: