Wednesday, January 30, 2008

From Jessica Schlobohm

Don Hall is not a person who feels the need to hold his tongue. What he thinks, he tells you, and if he says something, you know he means it as much as a person can mean something they say. In that same regard, he will not mince words, nor will he unneccessarily compliment someone if he doesn't believe it fully. Bearing all that in mind, I remember quite well the day that I received one of the greatest compliments of my performance career.

We had just finished a set in rehearsal and were going to take a 10 minute break. Don and I were both heading down the hallway of Gill Park, he to smoke and me to the bathroom. And before our paths split, he said to me, "Hey Schlobohm." I turned. "You're fun to watch." And with that, he headed out for a cigarette.

A seemingly innocuous comment, maybe. But from the man that doesn't use words unnecessarily, I was given the greatest compliment, because rarely have I ever sensed that someone meant what they said as much as Don did, and does in most everything.

Thank you, Don, for your honesty in all things. The same thing that may piss people off is the thing that also shows them how much you care when you care, and how much you believe what you believe. People can say whatever the hell they want in life, but when you say it, it is worth its weight in gold (or shit, depending on who you ask). *Grin*

Thanks for being you. Honest, blunt, beautiful you.
Happy Birthday, big guy.

No comments: